Regency CI2600 - Not enough air?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Wife and I have decided to have the 4' extension installed. Can someone please tell me/show me the proper way of doing this? The fireplace supplier/installer wants to chisel the clay flue liner flush with the top of the chimney. Is this correct?
Yes that is how i would do it.

To be honest; no. Weather has turned a bit and it wasn't a pleasant weekend to be up on the roof. We talked about the extension and thought even if it doesn't help it isn't going to hurt (I don't think). It is another $350-400 though so maybe I should try the extension. I think a 60" section of 6" single wall is around $20CAN at Lowes so it's not a huge cost, just a PITA with snow/ice on the roof.

Our chimney has 3 of those clay liners poking out the top, 1 for the water heater, 1 for the fireplace and 1 for the furnace (that has been capped/filled). The fireplace one is in the middle. Busting it off would allow a wider "footprint" on the support I guess. I just hope they don't bugger anything else up while they're doing it.

Have you tried the temporary extension first and did it make a difference?

I'm thinking that they want to bust off the clay tile flush to have the whole top support the extra weight instead of smaller tile. Just a guess.

To be honest; no. Weather has turned a bit and it wasn't a pleasant weekend to be up on the roof. We talked about the extension and thought even if it doesn't help it isn't going to hurt (I don't think). It is another $350-400 though so maybe I should try the extension. I think a 60" section of 6" single wall is around $20CAN at Lowes so it's not a huge cost, just a PITA with snow/ice on the roof.

Our chimney has 3 of those clay liners poking out the top, 1 for the water heater, 1 for the fireplace and 1 for the furnace (that has been capped/filled). The fireplace one is in the middle. Busting it off would allow a wider "footprint" on the support I guess. I just hope they don't bugger anything else up while they're doing it.
Hello , how are you doing with your stove? I have similar set up and issues. Short chimney , no draft, fire goes out when door is shut, cant load without smoking up the room. Have you found any fixes?

I took out the restrictor plate and that helped. Still didn't burn perfectly though. We finally had them come back and put up an extension. 3' or 4'. Works perfectly now. Might even be able to put the restrictor plate back in.

That's awesome to here. The plate you took out is on top which slides back and forth at the chamber opening? Or the 2 small plates in the front corners? The one on top keeps getting jammed when I open and close the damper. If that's the one you removed did you do it yourself?
I really dont need it my stove lacks air.
I removed the 2 small plates in front it did very little. Sorry for all the questions this forum is the only place to get answers. Dealer and regency have not been much help.

No, the plate is not on top. It's in the bottom in the center of the unit. Two bolts. You just loosen the bolts and slide the plate up and out. Then retighten the bolts. Not sure what plates you mean on the sides.

This one? I removed 2 of these. If your telling me there is another plate which will improve air I will be pumped!

Attachments

• Regency CI2600 - Not enough air?
    15481296733741500080294849369659.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 95
That's the one. Yours had two of these? Only one in mine.

If removing that plate didn't do the trick I'd suggest trying the extension as others here suggested to me. Made all the difference for us.

Good luck!

My bad, yes there is only 1 plate.
Unfortunately I have already extended my chimney 3 feet. Thanks for your help, much appreciated