Really poor service, need some help.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

thebuddrik

Dec 19, 2017
Louisiana
First of all I dont want any clowning because I am from Louisiana, we "aint used to da cold". ;P

Anyway, I just bought a Lopi Liberty from a local vendor and these guys have dropped the ball bad!
I go to pick up all of it today and noticed they forgot my 24" offset. I get home and start unpacking the unit and they didn't order the blower! I start pulling out the pipe and dont understand something: they sent
1- DoubleWall Stove, telescopic 40"-67" $109
1- DoubleWall Stove, 12" $65.48
1- DoubleWall Stove, 24" $255.00

Why is the 24" so much more expensive?
Why not just order 2 of the telescopic ones to complete the job instead of 3 different length pipes?
The only way I can understand the way the flue adapter is supposed to work is to sit in the flue collar and then the pipe slip over it while a thin collar goes over the joint... Thats all I can figure out.

Attachments

• Really poor service, need some help.
    collars.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 146
Those prices aren’t correct. The long telescoping section would be the most expensive part.
I’m not familiar with that adaptor, does it mate up well to the pipe? If so, you’ll need to notch it so it sits down in the flue collar snug. Secure it then set the pipe on it. Then I’d shoot some 1” SS self drilling screws through the whole assembly using the prepunched holes in the pipe. Predrill with an 1/8” bit.

That collar is a beauty wring intended to cover the male end of pipe that attaches to the ceiling box, or cover the joint in the slip section. I prefer the joint as is personally.

Reactions: stovelark