Question regarding Regency Ci2700

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Pisano772

Sep 27, 2019
NY
Hey, so I have had this for two years now. I’ve been reading about the regency on here and I see people are saying they are getting the fireplace up to around 800-1000 degrees. I can get mine up to about 650 but once I put on the catalytic converter it drops down right away and will stay around 525-550. Is that normal? Am I doing something wrong? The wood I’m using I’m getting a moisture reading of anywhere from 15-20. Any help would be great, thank you.

Hey, so I have had this for two years now. I’ve been reading about the regency on here and I see people are saying they are getting the fireplace up to around 800-1000 degrees. I can get mine up to about 650 but once I put on the catalytic converter it drops down right away and will stay around 525-550. Is that normal? Am I doing something wrong? The wood I’m using I’m getting a moisture reading of anywhere from 15-20. Any help would be great, thank you.
How are you measuring moisture content? Are these temps from the digital cat probe?

How are you measuring moisture content? Are these temps from the digital cat probe?
Yeah, I bought one at lowes

Question regarding Regency Ci2700

800-1000 sounds like cat temps, not insert temps. How and where are you measuring the moisture content of the wood?