Question above Wood Stove

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

reveles

Nov 7, 2018
Massachusetts
Good evening,

I already have a chimney with a flue set up for a wood stove or pellet stove. I believe the previous owner of the home must have gotten rid of it. My question is, If I have someone come by and install a wood or pellet stove, any idea what the price would be around for either ? I ask this due to the fact that it appears there is already a pre-existing set up versus a brand new set up/ install.

There are way to many variables for us to give you any sort of idea. We would need tons more info

What diameter/size is the chimney? Height? Lots of variables to consider. Chimney height, firebox opening/diameters, etc.

More than 90% of wood stoves fall into a $800 - $3500 price range. Delivery and hookup can be as little as $400, if what you have is already safe and compatible, up to a few thousand, if not. All-in, it could be anywhere from $1200 - $10k, depending on your tastes and requirements.

More than 90% of wood stoves fall into a $800 - $3500 price range. Delivery and hookup can be as little as $400, if what you have is already safe and compatible, up to a few thousand, if not. All-in, it could be anywhere from $1200 - $10k, depending on your tastes and requirements.
Thank you.