Quadrafire CB 1200 UPS Backup Question?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Gman12

Sep 16, 2011
Rutland, MA
I'm looking to see if anyone has any suggestions for a UPS Battery Backup that I could use with my Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200 stove? I mainly need it for power outages so I have enough time to shut down my stove to eliminate smoke filling up the house. Anyone using anything that they recommend? I also am attaching a couple pics of a CyberPower UPS I'm wondering if it will work or not.

We had a power outage a couple weeks ago and the stove didn't have any power to shut down and it poured smoke through the top of the door glass. We had to go out to our car for an hour while we cleared all the smoke out of the house with all windows open. I don't want to go through that again with wife and our 3 kids.

Thanks to anyone who can give advice.

Attachments

• Quadrafire CB 1200 UPS Backup Question?
    20190114_144046.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 170
  • Quadrafire CB 1200 UPS Backup Question?
    20190114_144404.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 180
I'm looking to see if anyone has any suggestions for a UPS Battery Backup that I could use with my Quadrafire Classic Bay 1200 stove? I mainly need it for power outages so I have enough time to shut down my stove to eliminate smoke filling up the house. Anyone using anything that they recommend? I also am attaching a couple pics of a CyberPower UPS I'm wondering if it will work or not.

We had a power outage a couple weeks ago and the stove didn't have any power to shut down and it poured smoke through the top of the door glass. We had to go out to our car for an hour while we cleared all the smoke out of the house with all windows open. I don't want to go through that again with wife and our 3 kids.

Thanks to anyone who can give advice.
I have a Ravalli and when the power goes out my whole house generator kicks on but the Ravalli doesn't start automatically. Before you invest in a backup make sure that it'll continue to run when the power goes out the battery kicks in. Of Course when the power goes out my whole house generator Waits about 2to5 minutes before it kicks on just in case the main power cycles.

Reactions: kappel15
I have a Cyberpower 1500PFCLCD pure sine wave on my Hartman P43. It will run the stove about 2 hours. That gives me plenty of time to either shut the stove down, or start the generator, or just wait a bit to see if it comes back on shortly. So I think you should be ok with the 1500 one.

Reactions: kappel15