Quad wizard needed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just the fact that it starts at 3" and requires you to move up in size depending on length and bends to reduce the restriction to the site flow implies minimum.
They say 3" as it is cheaper than 4" and makes it look more cost effective for new installations.
The flow to ensure combustion is the key.. And thus requires a minimum (or they would stay at 2")

Reactions: DBCOOPER
I can't say I agree with you, but its your house and money. I don't interpret it that way given the wording in the manual. I have the same stove with a 4" SS liner running up a ~28 ft chimney and have had no issues.

You can choose to not install per their recommendations, but don't be mad at the stove when it doesn't run properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.