Quad 5700

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Burning

Jun 30, 2019
Pa
So read a couple threads on the quad but really haven’t found great info or a lot of people complementing the stove I had a liberty 3 years back but switched to coal. After 2 years of coal I missed the woof to much
So I have a great deal at a stove place on the 5700 but before I buy it I just didn’t know if anyone had comments on the comparison of the Liberty to the quad
Or if any other stoves like the summit or enerzone 3.4
I’m heating 2700 sq I know it can’t really do it all but it’s my main source of heat.
Biggest question is should I buy another Liberty or is the quad just as good of a stove that will put out the same amount god heat
The quad in looking at is a 2015

many feed back would be so helpful I really appreciate the time
Thanks

The quadra fire 5700 will do you good, 3.0 cu fire box, slightly smaller then the old liberty, but honestly not anything you'll really see, wood size is 22" on the quad, 24" on the liberty. The btu output is higher on the quad, almost by 12,000 btu, construction seems to be the same, weight of the stove is with in each other, looks like a good buy if the price is right. If the stove has been used look for the obvious abuse marks, like cracks inside the stove, light spots in the paint (black will start turning white in over - fires) check you door gasket doing the dollar bill test, make sure the baffle is intact.

You can load the 5700 with 22" splits north-south. Liberty can take 24" splits but they need to be loaded east-west. I don't recall the Liberty depth for N-S loading but its worth researching here. I personally far prefer to load north-south for a good full load.

Thanks so much for your guys feed back I really appreciate it. Yeah it’s on sale for 1100 bucks
And it’s coming from a dealer so I figure they won’t buy back junk. But I still have to take a look this week. and I didn’t realize the btu were 12,000 more, not bad
Only other thing is I hear they have a built in heat shield to be able to put them closer to combustibles, will this have any effect on not putting off as much heat?

thanks again

It's a big solid heater with a N/S loading firebox. Loading N/S allows it to be filled to the gills, unlike E/W where one has to be careful to load so that logs don't roll against the glass. The 5700 may be a bit more convective than the Liberty, but it will still heat well. That said, the Liberty is a stout design, has a bypass for easy starts. I would also consider the Drolet HT 2000 or 3000. They have the same firebox as the Enerzone which may be harder to come by.

It's a big solid heater with a N/S loading firebox. Loading N/S allows it to be filled to the gills, unlike E/W where one has to be careful to load so that logs don't roll against the glass. The 5700 may be a bit more convective than the Liberty, but it will still heat well. That said, the Liberty is a stout design, has a bypass for easy starts. I would also consider the Drolet HT 2000 or 3000. They have the same firebox as the Enerzone which may be harder to come by.
Thanks yeah I should have never sold my Liberty, but I was trying to stay away from the drolet and nc cause I don’t want a cheap stove even though they put out some heat

Thanks yeah I should have never sold my Liberty, but I was trying to stay away from the drolet and nc cause I don’t want a cheap stove even though they put out some heat
I have never heard anyone say they thought their Drolet was cheaply made. Less frills, yes. But they are well made.

When looking at budget stoves you need to research were there made and materials used, some budget stove are made in china, (US Stove) others are made in the USA and Canada, I like to just check the specs on them, one dead give away is the stoves weight, when your in the 3cu or larger you want to total stoves weight to be above 475lbs, that shows thicker plate steal being used, so a great comparison is Drolet HT 3000 weighs 520lbs, Englander 30NC is 475lbs and China US Stove 3000 is 420lbs.

So then why is a lopi or a quad around 2,800
And the ht3000s around 1,100-1,300

I mean there is some Reason the price is so drastic

Volume is one reason. Also, the American dollar is strong right now for buying Canadian made products. And then there is just marketing. Why is a Cadillac so much more expensive than a Chevy when often they are built on the same chassis?

Yes understood but this is like comparing Cadillac to a kia. Little different because this is a different brand. Where as your car comparison one brand owns the other

Not really. Are you talking just hypothetically? Have you looked at both brands close up? The Lopi Liberty is a very good stove, but has had some failure points in its history. The brand has a good reputation, but so do SBI stoves. I have no qualm recommending them, especially with a more flexible firebox configuration. The earlier value-line, big Drolets (Myriad, Austral, Baltic I) had a shortcoming with the welded-in, stainless baffle, but now they have a c-cast baffle which is better and user-replaceable if there is a failure. The Liberty has a bypass which is a nice feature that adds cost.

Hi everyone who has commented. I just wanted to say i have had the 5700 running now for a few months and I will say it is a nice burning stove, controllable, nice fire, good looking solid stove. Do not like that it has side panels on it at all because it would be able to put out much more heat with out them. My house is toasty with the stove but as soon as temps dipped into the teens. It struggles Just can’t keep up, I even bought a blower for it and still just can’t do it, My lopi Liberty definitely put out more heat But the 5700 has longer burn times by far.

so I figure I’m going to just go with 8” pipe maybe next year or the year after but my question is are there any stores that anybody would recommend I keep hearing that blaze king wood stoves are just animals and the heat they put off is incredible was wondering if anyone had experience with them or any other big heaters
Thanks so much hope you have a great new year