Pulling the p35i out

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MuchoBueno

Burning Hunk
Dec 20, 2014
Lower Hudson Valley
BTW I finaly pulled out the stove outa the wall. If you read my "Fines..." post, I had to pull it out and dig around back there a bit. So pulling it out and doing the cleaning looks doable. I was really nervous about doing it but it came out, then back in without a problem. I ordered the sooteater from Amazon and will be using that to clean the chimney liner sometime next week. Without you guys I would have called the tech to clean the back and the chimney, but having this forum gives me bàlls of steel as far as messing with the stove is concerned.

BE SURE TO UNPLUG IT WHEN TINKERING AND CLEANING! Or suffer the possible consequences. And if it ain't broken do not fix it..........;)

BE SURE TO UNPLUG IT WHEN TINKERING AND CLEANING! Or suffer the possible consequences. And if it ain't broken do not fix it..........;)
Thx for the reminder bags. Yes I did unplug it before pulling it out and I remembered to do that from you guys always talking about unplugging before maintenance

Won't lie, I always forget to unplug it when cleaning the ash baffles, etc. However, during heavy maintenance, (removing/ cleaning motors) I'm pretty good with remembering. With all that said, don't panic when you're all done, tucked the stove back in and ready to fire her back up, but when you press start nothing happens. You just forgot to plug it back in. :p

i have been cleaning my p35i inside every week but can't seem to get the unit out from wall to clean the inside. Unlatched sides but stove won't move. Guess I'm going to have to wait for dealer to clean it in April. Do you have problems removing yours?

I did my big clean on my p35i a few weeks ago.
i have been cleaning my p35i inside every week but can't seem to get the unit out from wall to clean the inside. Unlatched sides but stove won't move. Guess I'm going to have to wait for dealer to clean it in April. Do you have problems removing yours?

Check the latches and make sure they are fully allowed to release from the frame. It's about my only gripe with this stove. It's a narrow clearance, may have to pop it out with a screwdriver

Not at all. I rolled mine out onto a dolly easily by myself. Did you make sure the latch isn't carching even though you in latched it? It should roll out easily like mine.

Mine gets stuck under the surround a little on the top. It takes a good tug but then it rolls out pretty easy. First time I thought I wasn't unhooking everything. Make sure the clips on the side are unhooked and give several good tugs.

Just pulled mine today, rolls right out. Make sure after you unlatch it that the clip has pulled out of the frame.

when you're all done, tucked the stove back in and ready to fire her back up, but when you press start nothing happens. You just forgot to plug it back in.

That's a much better problem and a Duh! moment than blowing fuses and have to run out for them while the house get cold. Or getting a fried board or other component. One guy not long ago arc welded his igniter and blew a fuse by not unplugging. He was lucky because he could save the igniter and only needed a fuse. Could have been much worse.

I'll admit I have forgotten to plug mine back in and one time during working on the PC45 forgot to hook up the room sensing probe. I took it off while moving the stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.