pu-cb04 pinout for ribbon cable to connect relay timer

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

thesource

Jan 13, 2015
nyc
Hi All. I searched hi and low for a pin out for the ribbon cable that connects the buttons and display to the control board of my 25pdvc.

To make a short story long, I don't want/need to leave the stove on all day. It will run out of pellets before I get home from work anyway and it's such a waste. So I plan to have the stove turn on at 4pm. I read somewhere that connecting a thermostat will not turn on the stove like I want. So I put together a timer with a relay that I can program to activate a switch.

The problem is I can't find the two contacts for the ON button. I'm assuming they're part of the ribbon cable. If I can identify the two contacts, I should be able to piggyback no problem.

Does anybody know the pin out or have a better idea for what I want to do? Thanks.

image.jpg A simple plug in timer would work. More I think about it this might not work. All it is is a programmable on and off time. Might not start your stove. Just have power to the board.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.