PSG-Caddy Max beige(new) vs Caddy Max (green- older) vs Drolet HeatPro

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

princeykins

Nov 8, 2012
Hi,

I'm aware all 3 of the the above units are manufactured by different divisions of SBI.

I've read threads comparing and contrasting the Caddy Max and the Tundra II/HeatMax

I've not seen any discussion comparing the older generation green Caddy Max vs the newer beige Caddy Max vs the Drolet HeatPro.

I have to choose between a green Caddy Max and HeatPro for a 4000sq foot fairly well insulated application and would like to have a reasonable pool of knowledge for decision making purposes.

Thanks,

John

Reactions: Beaster
Boy that's a good question...had a similar conversation with someone here about the Caddy/Tundra II...not sure what the difference is now...doesn't seem like there a whole lot, other than buying the Max from a dealer and the HP from a retail BB store, or online vendor.
Might want to email or call SBI, see what they say about it. If you do a report back here would be nice...then we will all know! :cool:

Reactions: moresnow