Proflame 2 Remote Error Code

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

makoshark

Nov 1, 2023
Lake Tahoe, CA
Hi all! I have a Jotul gas fireplace with the SIT Proflame 2 remote. I recently had to change out the batteries in the remote. The remote is working as normal and has all its functions but when I turn the fireplace off, there is a "Er9" on the screen display under the temperature reading. Has anyone seen this code before or know what it is? I've scoured the internet and owners manual and can't find any information on what Er9 means. Thanks in advance!

I just had a customer with the same issue. Proflame 2, and a different fireplace brand.
Tech support confirmed it's too high of voltage from the batteries. Best answer is to try cheaper batteries. Otherwise, it would be a new remote.

I just had a customer with the same issue. Proflame 2, and a different fireplace brand.
Tech support confirmed it's too high of voltage from the batteries. Best answer is to try cheaper batteries. Otherwise, it would be a new remote.
Don't worry about it...
Just press any button, and it goes away.