Problem with Whitfield Advantage III WP2 Not staying lit

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To safely remove the jumper while the stove is hot, this should work: Have the tools ready to detach the jumper, now quickly unplug the stove, and then you can safely detach the jumper. Replug the stove... if the new low limit switch is ok, then the stove should continue as if nothing had happened, just a short power outage.

No luck its definitely the relay. Im gonna buy a new stove. I was looking at the Harman P43. Any suggestions around the $3,000 range for a stove? Will the Harman P43 heat like my whitfield?

I was looking at the Harman P43. Any suggestions around the $3,000 range for a stove? Will the Harman P43 heat like my whitfield?
Several experienced members on here have or have had both stove brands, so let's hope that they will soon chime in to answer your question.

Now, as for repairing your Advantage III... I know that replacing the bypass relay is a task that requires some soldering skills. First, because it has five pins, and next, because the pcb most likely has tracks on both sides. Very difficult to unsolder the relay without damaging the tracks, even for an experienced tech. And maybe you don't have the soldering tools necessary to do the job. Those tools are pricy.
So, Nyheater, I fully understand your decision.
Good luck in finding a new stove:)

Status
Not open for further replies.