Pre-making the fire

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
The pvc up the side of the house? That's the radon reduction system. As far as I know it gets drilled through the foundation floor and has a fan that sucks gases from underneath the foundation and releases it up at the roof .
I have asked a local stove shop that does installs and they didn't think there was a problem with single wall through the wall as long as it's stainless and obviously far enough from combustibles.

The pvc up the side of the house? That's the radon reduction system. As far as I know it gets drilled through the foundation floor and has a fan that sucks gases from underneath the foundation and releases it up at the roof .
I have asked a local stove shop that does installs and they didn't think there was a problem with single wall through the wall as long as it's stainless and obviously far enough from combustibles.
Do the instructions that came with your chimney system allow it? That is the only thing that matters

Idk I'll have to read through it again, it's just lowes supervent.

Idk I'll have to read through it again, it's just lowes supervent.
You should know if it was allowed or not if you did the install.

Well I don't remember, like I said I'll have to read through them again .