Post a pic of your woodhauler

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
3afac5e4aaebf9e0c7e00423d789bf75.jpg
Here's with the homemade trailer, the other half of the hauler!

Sent from my LG-H634 using Tapatalk

1102161206.jpg
0315161623.jpg
1028161256.jpg
1028161255.jpg
186823[/ATTACH]
Here is my wood hauler, 1985 versatile 276 Bidirectional tractor , 4 wheel drive hydrostatic, articulated steering, front and rear 3 pt hitch 2 speed pto on back. 116 hp Cummins turbo. This tractor is unique in the fact that you can drive it forward like a normal tractor or pull a lever and spin the seat and dash board around to drive in reverse which is still driving forward but from the rear .On the back is my 13000 lb Farmi skidding winch can haul 4-6 logs out to my landing . A couple trips into the woods and I have all my wood for a year.
I put my 8 1/2 ft wide Pronovost snow blower on for the winter fully enclosed with heat and stereo , when I have to clear the driveway. I made a front mounted rack to haul cut wood and to carry the chainsaw and all other equipment when I head to the woods.

Last edited:
Here is my set up along with the new crane I mounted.

Attachments

• 20160325_165554.jpg
    20160325_165554.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 402
Reactions: MikeK
The truck for bringing it home and the quad for moving it around once I get it there.

-SF

cb0ca33085912ef2ea8cf2e77f5e752b.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

Reactions: dafattkidd
View attachment 187161 View attachment 186837 View attachment 186823 View attachment 186822 186823[/ATTACH]
Here is my wood hauler, 1985 versatile 276 Bidirectional tractor , 4 wheel drive hydrostatic, articulated steering, front and rear 3 pt hitch 2 speed pto on back. 116 hp Cummins turbo. This tractor is unique in the fact that you can drive it forward like a normal tractor or pull a lever and spin the seat and dash board around to drive in reverse which is still driving forward but from the rear .On the back is my 13000 lb Farmi skidding winch can haul 4-6 logs out to my landing . A couple trips into the woods and I have all my wood for a year.
I put my 8 1/2 ft wide Pronovost snow blower on for the winter fully enclosed with heat and stereo , when I have to clear the driveway. I made a front mounted rack to haul cut wood and to carry the chainsaw and all other equipment when I head to the woods.
How many hours are on it, i have looked at these off and on for years but most of the ones here are beat. How long have you owned it?
Most of the ones i've seen don't have pto on both ends either which is a must.

For those who use a wheelbarrow to shuffle wood around the yard. When I needed a better way to move wood from the woodshed into the mechanical room I took the rear legs off an old tub style wheelbarrow that was total junk, made a couple of new handles, fabricated axle brackets for a new wheel, a new front bracket and built a wood platform bed like the ones we used when I was a lad. My 24" wood fits across the bed, I can stack twice as much on it as would fit in a tub style barrow, and it is much more stable due to a lower center of gravity.
IMG_0439.JPG

For those who use a wheelbarrow to shuffle wood around the yard. When I needed a better way to move wood from the woodshed into the mechanical room I took the rear legs off an old tub style wheelbarrow that was total junk, made a couple of new handles, fabricated axle brackets for a new wheel, a new front bracket and built a wood platform bed like the ones we used when I was a lad. My 24" wood fits across the bed, I can stack twice as much on it as would fit in a tub style barrow, and it is much more stable due to a lower center of gravity.
View attachment 190324

I always wanted to build one like that. Very nice.

Image-978184286.jpg

I use this little lawn tractor for scrounging around the woods. This was a small oak that got carpenter beeed in half. I have an 8x8 utility trailer that I use for Craigslist scrounging.

Image-843671474.jpg

20161214_163804.jpg
big blue in action

My 2000 Silverado, 260k miles, original owner. This is just about all I use it for anymore.

af746bd7086fe2e1fe9c3ffc3840b6db.jpg

fdca40a64cbcd72ccb03e3d3b676bd49.jpg

49d7803341b2e0dd9bc08f810cc2025c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lone_Gun
View attachment 190324
Love it. I have an old wheelbarrow frame sitting in the barn for just such a project. It is project number 38 of 97 (and counting...).

here is mine I finally got around to making it all one color. 1990 f250hd 4x4 with a dump bed. It took lots of work rebuilding the top end rust repair modifying the dump mechanism to make it work on this truck ect ect but now it runs great and I have a truck with only 76000 miles for a total of about $2600. I still have some work to do I want a little bit bigger tires it needs a headliner the top side tool boxes need blasted painted and mounted. Then in a couple years I will make low floor stake side bed for it but it is good enough for now.
DSCF0358.JPG
DSCF0359.JPG

Last edited:
The dump bed makes it so easy to unload .Good for you and your back.....

This is one of my rigs.1997 Dodge Ram 2500 5-speed manual with 4:10 gears. It is set up to pull. Just put a fresh Mopar Performance 360 in it.I also put a new set of Super Swamper Irok non-directionals on it...they will hook up and go and surprisingly quite on the road.I rarely load wood directly into the truck as I use it for hauling all of my equipment to the timber as I use my Sure-Track 14k tandem dump for the vast majority of the heavy hauling. It will hold a cord and a half pretty easy. I do enjoy coming home and pushing that button after a long day!

Attachments

• IMG_2392.jpg
    IMG_2392.jpg
    286.1 KB · Views: 285
  • IMG_1386.jpg
    IMG_1386.jpg
    127.9 KB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Here's my wood truck. '86 K10.
I really like old square bodies but they are just over priced here. I would have had twice the money in a truck if I had gone that way. It may be different in other areas though

I really like old square bodies but they are just over priced here. I would have had twice the money in a truck if I had gone that way. It may be different in other areas though
I paid $3500 for this one. It was in such good shape I thought it was a fair price. About how much would they go for in your area?

Yes, great trucks to work on.

I paid $3500 for this one. It was in such good shape I thought it was a fair price. About how much would they go for in your area?
That depends on condition. I looked at a few in similar condition to my ford with rusted out floors ect and some minor mechanical issues (which turned major in mine but that is a different story) I paid $600 for mine he was asking $1000. The cheapest comparable chevy was $1800 asking price.

I got extremely lucky when I found my rust free 97 Dodge. It was apparent to me immediately that it had not spent its life in the rust belt. I paid 3K for it and have since painted it and put a fresh motor in it and rhino lined the bed.Hope to drive it for many years to come.

You both seem to have gotten good deals. I spent several months trying to get the previous owner to sell to me, so when he finally caved, I paid what he wanted. It was the best one I could find anywhere, and has had zero mechanical issues in two years. Does have some rust. Red, yellow and blue paint are showing through the flat black recently.

2e0da0b8ffce228db2d6c577a81ae686.jpg

Reactions: Lone_Gun