Please help with ideas

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
How exactly did that conversation go?

Operator: Fire department, what is your emergency?

Caller: Hi, I see a large building which is on fire.

Operator: That sounds unlikely. Are you sure it's not a streetlight?

Caller: ....no, it looks more like a large building which is on fire.

Operator: Can you take another look and call back later if you're really sure it's a fire and not a streetlight?

Caller: Look, I think I know the difference between a large burning building and a streetlight.

Operator: Of course you do, it's just that we get so many of this exact kind of streetlight calls... and every time we walk down to the strip club, wake the firemen, rush out to the scene, and find out it's a streetlight. Sometimes we even put on pants. Who wants to put on pants for a streetlight?

Caller: Look, is there someone else I can talk to? The fire looks like it's spreading.

Operator: Yes, streetlights can sometimes cluster together. Tell you what, give me your address, and we'll mail you a fabulous pamphlet with illustrations to help you spot the difference between a streetlight and a fire emergency.

Caller: Put your supervisor on the phone. This is an emergency.

Operator: Please hold, looks like someone else is calling about their streetlight...

Are you a dispatcher in our area? Lol

Reactions: ddddddden