Picking an insert

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

miteclipse

Burning Hunk
Mar 8, 2013
Hughesville, MD
Hi,

Need some opinions on which insert to buy to heat a new 2400 sq ft house. 1 local shop sells enviro m55i and comfortbuilt hp22i. I am opinion to opinions and can call around to a few more shops. Insert needs to be easy to maintain along with being able to remove for deeper cleanings.

Thanks

Personally, I would go with the Enviro M55i
Bigger hopper and comes with a rail kit for easy moving for cleaning
It is also a multi-burner (corn, nutshells, cherry pits, and others )

It is an accessory but well worth the price

Easy to maintain and biomass stoves don't really go hand in hand too well., least in my experience they don't.

Hi,

Need some opinions on which insert to buy to heat a new 2400 sq ft house. 1 local shop sells enviro m55i and comfortbuilt hp22i. I am opinion to opinions and can call around to a few more shops. Insert needs to be easy to maintain along with being able to remove for deeper cleanings.

Thanks
With the 26% federal rebate this year I would try to find something with the 75+% efficiency. The comfortbuilt is just shy of that unfortunately.