Pelpro pp130 auger issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Jeff Armstrong

Feb 8, 2020
Ohio
I have a Pelpro pp130. The unit is about a year old and doesn't get used except weekends during the winter months. Last week the auger jammed and sheared the clip off that holds the auger to the motor. I got a new auger assembly and put it in this morning. The stove started fine and burned for a few minutes then stopped feeding. Upon further inspection the auger was trying to spin backwards at that point. I ordered a new circuit board which was the only thing I could come up with. Anyone have any advice?

You sure you got the correct auger motor? Control board will not change the direction of the motor.

Sounds like the capacitor that is in the circuit failed. It’s a small square attached to the wires in the connector. When they fail motor will reverse direction. Should have numbers like 393. 407 or similar on it.

Sounds like the capacitor that is in the circuit failed. It’s a small square attached to the wires in the connector. When they fail motor will reverse direction. Should have numbers like 393. 407 or similar on it.
Is that on the circuit board or in the motor connection wires?

Auger connection to the harness.