Pellets aren't burning

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

david dodge

Nov 1, 2013
raymond, maine
I have a new Englander 25 - PAH with the three bag hoppoer from Lowe's. On start up and error light comes on and shuts down. The burnpot is overflowing with partially burned pellets. The manual suggests the ignitorr is not lighting. Is this an easy fix? Do I have to take the back off?

I have a new Englander 25 - PAH with the three bag hoppoer from Lowe's. On start up and error light comes on and shuts down. The burnpot is overflowing with partially burned pellets. The manual suggests the ignitorr is not lighting. Is this an easy fix? Do I have to take the back off?
Post the problem with the stove model in the title. Englander has a good customer service line and the head tech stops in here often to help and will help if post is easy to see.:)

might be time to do a "plates off" cleaning there are 2 plates in the back of the firebox viewed through the front door, they have a hole in the center of the plate and 2 screws holding them in place , remove these plates , vacuum inside there , then before reinstalling the plates take a mallet and kinda bump the back wall of the firebox above these openings to shock the ash thats clinging up there causing it to fall down where it can be vac'd out, then reassemble the stove and fire it off see if the unit goes back to burning clean

is the unit still under warranty? Whats the stove shop say?

Mike usually does have a pretty good handle on stuff! Good thing, since it came from Lowes you wont get any help there.........missed that in the original post....or did I?

Reactions: iceguy4
might be time to do a "plates off" cleaning there are 2 plates in the back of the firebox viewed through the front door, they have a hole in the center of the plate and 2 screws holding them in place , remove these plates , vacuum inside there , then before reinstalling the plates take a mallet and kinda bump the back wall of the firebox above these openings to shock the ash thats clinging up there causing it to fall down where it can be vac'd out, then reassemble the stove and fire it off see if the unit goes back to burning clean
There areno plates or screws in the back of the stove. That is from the view as I open the door and look in. Only a couple of metal pieces that cross from front to back

There areno plates or screws in the back of the stove. That is from the view as I open the door and look in. Only a couple of metal pieces that cross from front to back

right behind the ash drawer at the base of the firewall, each plate has a dime sized hole in it and 2 screws holding them in. you may want to slide out the ash drawer to see them better

Reactions: Lousyweather
right behind the ash drawer at the base of the firewall, each plate has a dime sized hole in it and 2 screws holding them in. you may want to slide out the ash drawer to see them better
Hi Mike, I took your advice. I vacuumed it out (not much in there), but stove still doesn't work. Thanks for your help.

It might be a good idea, to take the back off, and check that a hose, or a wire, hasn't fallen off.

Have you checked the burn mode?

The factory setting for the three buttons of the stove, is 1-4-1..........it should be in burn mode "3"

Turn off the stove and let it cool.
Unplug it, for a few seconds, then plug it back in.
Press the blower up and down buttons at the same time.
You will see a number displayed, that tells you what "mode" it is in.

Status
Not open for further replies.