Astoria Bay Pellet Insert Won’t Ignite

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Feb 4, 2024
United States
Hello! This is the first time I have posted but have been using this forum to troubleshoot for many years. Ok so I have a Astoria bay pellet stove insert that is pretty old, must be about 15 years or more. Now when I start the stove, it faults and blinks #4 orange after like 20-30 mins of dumping pellets and doesn’t ignite any pellets. It overflows and shuts off. Ive cleaned this thing in and out for a few days and I believe the snap discs are ok, only tested them with a meter. The exhaust side snapper is open when cold but the other ones are closed. I guess it could be the igniter but I’m not sure how to test it prior to just replacing it. Any ideas? I wish there was a service manual available.

Thanks!

Hello! This is the first time I have posted but have been using this forum to troubleshoot for many years. Ok so I have a Astoria bay pellet stove insert that is pretty old, must be about 15 years or more. Now when I start the stove, it faults and blinks #4 orange after like 20-30 mins of dumping pellets and doesn’t ignite any pellets. It overflows and shuts off. Ive cleaned this thing in and out for a few days and I believe the snap discs are ok, only tested them with a meter. The exhaust side snapper is open when cold but the other ones are closed. I guess it could be the igniter but I’m not sure how to test it prior to just replacing it. Any ideas? I wish there was a service manual available.

Thanks!
I am adding that I did confirm 120v to the two wires leading to the igniter. I’m thinking that’s the issue.