Pellet stove insert and freestanding question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mmfn

Dec 3, 2015
Delaware
Hey everyone. Just joined the site after creeping online for awhile. I have some questions to ask that I cannot seem to get some solid info on.
1. Is there any pellet stove that the pedestal can be remove so the stove can be used as an insert?
2. I have a propane insert right now in a false chimeny, what do I need to do to prep for a pellet insert?

Thanks in advance!

Why wouldn't you just buy an insert that was designed to be used as an insert, instead of trying to mickey mouse a free standing unit?

Why wouldn't you just buy an insert that was designed to be used as an insert, instead of trying to mickey mouse a free standing unit?
I don't want to mickey mouse one. I just wasn't sure if there were any specific ones that could be installed either way. Found a couple used whitfields and one person that was selling it said it could be used either way. Thanks for the reply.

The first Whit was designed for either use. Now that was a very long time ago. Whitfield was sucked up by Lennox and then sold again.
I know of no current manufacture(less than 10 years) with a convertible unit

Status
Not open for further replies.