Pellet stove Fresh Air Intake

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrWinkey

Dec 25, 2006
Eastern Washington
Hello all!

I recently switched out my older Fisher wood stove with a Harman P-68. I've got my chimney relined with Simpson Duravent PV pipe and that is all installed to spec but I've got a questions about the fresh air intake pipe.

What pipe can I use and what do you guys recomend to drill through your tile for the combustion air intake. I dont need one as I live in a stick built house but building codes in my area require it and I figure if it makes the stove more efficent it's not a bad deal either.

I see harman has a vent they offer in their manual but the dealer hasent gotten back to me with a price or what pipe I can use for my fresh air intake.

Thanks in advance!

Status
Not open for further replies.