Pellet brands, any differences?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
you know I beleive that this could be considered a thread hijacking.....
Maybe we should start a new thread there guy's :eek:hh:

How olds the stove? grinding isnt good in a new stove......tells me either the burn pot is full of hard residue or the gearmotor is on its way out :ahhh:

Call the dealer who sold you the unit (assuming its under warrantee- 3 yrs on electrical), and ask them......Im sure they'll take care of it for you.

Ditto on GVA...what is the noise, exactly......clanking, vibration, grinding, popping?

HarryBack said:
How olds the stove? grinding isnt good in a new stove......tells me either the burn pot is full of hard residue or the gearmotor is on its way out :ahhh:

Call the dealer who sold you the unit (assuming its under warrantee- 3 yrs on electrical), and ask them......Im sure they'll take care of it for you.

Ditto on GVA...what is the noise, exactly......clanking, vibration, grinding, popping?
the popping is when one is burning corn.... isn't it??? :p

GVA said:
iceman said:
HarryBack said:
iceman said:
HarryBack said:
pellets rattle in when they fall down off the slide plate and land on the back of the auger

lol its not that noise it almost sounds as if the big plates on the inside of it are loose but i checked and they are not
now its been quiet for about ten minutes

I guess it could be one of the heat exchanger plate covers, but ive never seen them do that. Are they unlatched? Like GVA says, could also be crap adhered to the burnpot....scrape it good. Is your flame guide seated correctly as well?

the flame guide is okay the burn pot i scrape before starting it everytime it sounds like its coming from inside the stove however if i push down on the top it goes away i put a level on it and its good !! so wtfreak
What kinda noise
is it vibration a whirring a grinding

its more vibration its not a grinding noise it almost sounds like something is loose and when the auger turns it is causing it to vibrate some days are better than others it hasn't done it tonight in over an hour actually a couple of hours

Next time it happens put your hands on the back shrouds and see if it stops My brother in laws accentra does this....

GVA said:
Next time it happens put your hands on the back shrouds and see if it stops My brother in laws accentra does this....

ok

Status
Not open for further replies.