Parts for Kent Tile fire Stoves???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I purchased a used Kent Tile Fire stove in good condition, but it is missing the cover piece, and the parts used to hold the tiles in place. Does anyone know if there is any available resource to get parts for these old stoves?

I email the company in New Zealand, and they said parts are no longer availble. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Pete

I purchased a used Kent Tile Fire stove in good condition, but it is missing the cover piece, and the parts used to hold the tiles in place. Does anyone know if there is any available resource to get parts for these old stoves?

I email the company in New Zealand, and they said parts are no longer availble. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Pete
When I was looking for my last stove (a few years ago) the unit I almost bought was the Kent Rose Bay from the Chimney Sweep (in Washington). I don't see Kent stoves on their website anymore but one thing I did ask about was spare parts (e.g. 1 piece glass bay doors) and they stocked them. Might be worth sending them an email? I dealt with Tom Oyen - contact info is on their home page http://www.chimneysweeponline.com

hope posting this link here is ok with the moderators...?

Yup, Tom is a regular poster here.

If 700 posts vs your 30,000+ posts makes me a regular, that is. Unfortunately, the company that made the Kent Tile Fire went out of business over 20 years ago, and I was unable to supply or even locate any parts for the OP's friend. If anyone has any Kent Tile Fire parts at this late date, so far as I know, they've been keeping it a dark secret for over a decade.

I probably should have figured - this would be part of his stomping grounds. FWIW if not for some nervous insurance people here, that Kent would be sitting on my hearth today. Tom, like others here, was a model of patience and great customer service.

Reactions: bushman
Status
Not open for further replies.