Pacific Energy Summit Series --- Blower FAN Question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

d_illman

Nov 1, 2020
Ontari oCanada
Good evening Folks'

I have a pacific Energy Summit series Fireplace insert,
It has a terrible blower fan in it (Does not look factory) I am looking to replace with an upgraded one.
Anyone have any information to get the BEST amount of heat into my room; I feel I am wasting a lot of good heat with my poor performing fan.
Not worried about Cost,

Debating on switching to this style :

any input would greatly be appreciated

Here is what I currently have

Attachments

• Pacific Energy Summit Series --- Blower FAN Question
    summitinsert.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 142
The inserts use a different blower. Why do you think this is not the factory blower? The alternative that is mentioned is for a freestanding stove. It won't work with the insert. What is the problem being experienced with the factory blower?

The inserts use a different blower. Why do you think this is not the factory blower? The alternative that is mentioned is for a freestanding stove. It won't work with the insert. What is the problem being experienced with the factory blower?
That is correct, It came up as it would work via summit series but didn't realize they also made a free standing in that series.
My current blower just rattling a bit. I would really like to get something with a bit more CFM if possible.
Would I be able to puta blower on each side of the fireplace? (Behind the grills)