Pacific Energy Summit pedestal burn times question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I contacted PE with those questions. It sounds like an ill-informed support person expressing a personal opinion. There are thousands of PE stoves in 2 story houses with ~ 25' flues. FWIW, PE stoves in operate similarly to Enviro stoves which are also easy breathers.
I will reach out again and request the information. More specifically I hope they offer a draft number that I can use. I plan on measuring the I3100L on Monday or Tuesday. One awesome member on the Forum is helping me out!!!!

I understand the dealer's reluctance - if they install in a manner not specified by Pacific Energy they open themselves up to a liability suit. Additionally they don't want the building inspector to ask about a damper that is not indicated in the user's manual. That is what both dealers expressed to me.

Being an "easy breather" I wonder if I'm setting myself up for a failure with a PE Summit LE insert. I will have more data next week and I will post (a new thread?) to this forum which has been an amazing resource navigating this difficult situation.

Thank you all.

David

Reactions: stoveliker
I contacted PE with those questions. It sounds like an ill-informed support person expressing a personal opinion. There are thousands of PE stoves in 2 story houses with ~ 25' flues. FWIW, PE stoves in operate similarly to Enviro stoves which are also easy breathers.
Interesting you said approximately 25 ft. I have 30 ft. So I'd like the dealer to find out specifically what they recommend for 30'.

I have asked the dealer I went to purchase this from to get that in writing from Pacific Energy. Additionally asked for a specific value on draft and not to exceed. I mentioned getting a reading but they didn't say what to do at the reading. I don't want to have another problem. I'll have some additional data from testing unit next week hopefully.

Last edited: