Pacific Energy Neo 2.5 vs Regency CI2700

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

wojowojo16

Nov 25, 2019
Maryland
I'll keep it simple, down to these 2 inserts.

I have dealers nearby, and cost is within a few hundred install (most likely), so really comes down to which stove is a "better" stove.

My wife just wants a fire, I grew up burning wood (in a fisher papa bear) and know technology has changed a lot. I said sure, but if we are gonna have a fire, I'm doing it in an insert, I'm not pissing heat out a chimney.

If she wants to see the fire, we can leave door open (I'm assuming), totally inefficient but prettier for the time we are in the room..

Please school me.

Thanks all! First post.

They are very different inserts. One is a hybrid and the other is a not. The PE Neo will be lower maintenance and a bit more forgiving. Neither insert is designed for open door burning. The loading door must be kept closed.

Begreen can door be left open for an hour while we are sitting in the room? Just to see more of the fire? Or is that a no no. I rarely left door open to my fisher BUT if I wanted too so that I could see the fire (and hear it), it wasn’t a big deal.

Sounds like both are solid stoves and I couldn’t go wrong with either?

Last edited:
Begreen can door be left open for an hour while we are sitting in the room? Just to see more of the fire? Or is that a no no. I rarely left door open to my fisher BUT if I wanted too so that I could see the fire (and hear it), it wasn’t a big deal.

Sounds like both are solid stones and I couldn’t go wrong with either?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The new stoves have glass doors that stay clean so you can see the fire. There are a few modern stoves that can be burnt with the doors open but no one ever does it.

Sounds like both are solid stones and I couldn’t go wrong with either?
The manuals for both inserts explicitly say don't burn with the doors open. There may be an insert that has a door screen option, but these two don't.

The manuals for both inserts explicitly say don't burn with the doors open. There may be an insert that has a door screen option, but these two don't.

Awesome Thanks! I had not yet gotten that far, but can live with the door closed 100% of the time. I'll have to talk to wife, I really don't want something inefficient because its inexpensive.

Also keep in mind that as the unit is in place and performs, your feelings might change. Like a new car, once you learn how it runs, how comfortable it feels, the desire to have the fire visible will probably decrease. Then the satisfaction will increase.

Keep in mind that if you are planning on this install, you should already have 1 or 2 cords of wood cut, split and stacked with a cover. Trying to burn wet wood in a new stove will really frustrate you both.