P23FS Breckwell auger issues

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

AshBolt

Jan 2, 2021
I believe my auger is jammed. I've cleaned to the best of my ability but wondering how to get the inspection plate off, this is what I'm reading I need to do? Please correct me if I'm wrong. It seems that it's rivited on and seems like the only way to get the actual auger out without disconnecting the whole vent and pulling the stove out, even then it doesn't look there is enough room to get the shaft out Please forgive my lack of knowledge on te subject, this is my first pellet stove and so far I'm ready to trade it in for a wood burner.

P23FS Breckwell auger issues

auger comes out the back. .the rivets you see hold the hopper together. you can get to the back side take the auger motor off the shaft and try turning the auger by hand or with some channel lock pliers

I got the auger cleared and free. But now that I dove into that I've notice some severe creosote build up in the exhaust pipe. I'm glad I pulled it out now, is this even salvage able? This house was dormant for a few years and I thought I cleaned this stove out really well. Last thing I need is a fire

Attachments

• P23FS Breckwell auger issues
    16096349306785089130732502661300.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 88
  • P23FS Breckwell auger issues
    16096349820995988664212103501068.jpg
    154.2 KB · Views: 92
Reactions: Ssyko
Definitely salvageable, just a bit of work...I picked up a P61a last summer that was at least that coated, firebox as well, coated it all in degreaser and let it soak for a few hours, then started to peel,scrape,brush and wire wheel it off. It all came off and works great now

Reactions: Ssyko