Outdoor fireplace help

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Shifty

Jul 4, 2019
Central Arkansas
Hey guys little help from the hive mind please. Helped a friend work on this out door fireplace on the porch of his hunting club this weekend. Got the shell finished now just needs firebrick veneer and chimney finished. He needs to go from a 16x16 opening on top of the masonry to a 12 inch chimney pipe. Ideas? Links appreciated. Thanks in advance
Outdoor fireplace helpOutdoor fireplace help

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmmm, go at least another 6-8ft.+ on the chimney though. Friend of mine has an outdoor setup like that and all it takes is a little down-draft breeze and everyone is smoke'd out. Is that what you're asking?

Reactions: Shifty
Hmmmm, go at least another 6-8ft.+ on the chimney though. Friend of mine has an outdoor setup like that and all it takes is a little down-draft breeze and everyone is smoke'd out. Is that what you're asking?
Thanks for reply. Yes will extend another 6-8 feet but will be transitioning from masonry to chimney pipe. I’ve about decided to mortar in a flat chimney cap and tie in 12 inch pipe up and through or around porch roof.