Help With Repurposed Insert for Outdoor Fireplace

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Cajundave10

Nov 21, 2023
Alliejewell81
Hello. I’m building an outdoor patio and picked up a nice sized insert off of Facebook marketplace. I got it framed up and now I am running into issues getting it vented out of the ceiling, specifically finding the appropriate sized pipe to fit the top of the insert.

Here are some facts:
-there is no tag on the fireplace insert so I have not been able to identify the model #
-the old chimney pipe leading into the insert looks like it was cut out. (Angle grinder?)
—the opening coming out of the insert is about 11 1/4” (a size I haven’t been able to find anywhere)
-I need about 10’ to the bottom opening of my chimney

Does anyone have any ideas of how to get this vented out the chimney box appropriately? Any help is appreciated!

D03A9E42-9577-449F-ADBC-5640B94B7ABF.jpeg FBE19154-86C7-4006-A08B-1E62B912733F.jpeg 43EB8DC8-A818-4E49-A48C-E4A68C161FF1.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a prefabricated fireplace. An insert goes into an existing fireplace. It's essential to identify the unit so that the installation and flue system are installed according to the manufacturer's tested directions.

Yes sir I appreciate the reply. Without any tags/serial numbers etc do you know of any other way to id the prefabricated fireplace so that I can accomplish the proper install?