Our p43 install photos

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

hinmo24t

Feb 12, 2024
MA
Surprise had to put on 2 layers of pavers installers painted hi temp black, to clear cast iron. I'm digging it though and our 800sf I think it'll run on low and save us some $
Half basement finished has own baseboard, future roof addition

Running thru a cool Tripp lite surge/pre programmed battery backup to exhaust harman fully on power outtage

IMG_8187.jpg

IMG_8188.jpg

IMG_8186.jpg

Looking at the first picture I was wondering why a corner install wasn't done. The rest of the pictures explain it.

Smart of you to install the battery backup for power outages to make sure it exhausts. After a few days (to ensure it is fully charged and balanced) unplug the Trip Lite and see how it performs. If it performs like it should, the P43 should start shut down and pulse the exhaust fan. If it doesn't perform as expected, you have time to troubleshoot before you actually are depending on it.

Reactions: hinmo24t
Looking at the first picture I was wondering why a corner install wasn't done. The rest of the pictures explain it.

Smart of you to install the battery backup for power outages to make sure it exhausts. After a few days (to ensure it is fully charged and balanced) unplug the Trip Lite and see how it performs. If it performs like it should, the P43 should start shut down and pulse the exhaust fan. If it doesn't perform as expected, you have time to troubleshoot before you actually are depending on it.
good idea i will try that sometime. a cool thing about that tripplite is it is actually in harman literature somewhere that i came across. it does not run the stove for longer than a proper shutdown, which is all i really want. worst case i can backfeed an inverter to it thru the trip lite but i will plan on my oil burner for power outages since i have a system and circuits i run on power loss

but for fiance i might run her thru the pellet stove on power loss as opposed to running a hot plug around or dealing with elec panel and main (liability)

Reactions: bogieb
Here's a few more clear pics, had to be careful not to catch my 6am bojangles in reflection. Taxpayer lyfe
View attachment 324786View attachment 324787

I like the painted bricks. I too have bricks under my P43. I had to do it when I replaced another brand of pellet stove so I could iine up the exhaust to the existing hole. In my case, the bricks are gray, and so is the pad, so you don't really notice them.

I do like that the bricks rais the stove a bit so as I get older, it doesn't get difficult for me to service the lower areas.

Reactions: hinmo24t