Osburn Matrix

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frranko

Dec 29, 2014
Georgia
Anybody else order one of these from "authorized online retailers" since October?

I ordered one of these back in October and have yet to receive it! I am a bit frustrated with the lack of communication from the selling company. It looks like Osburn sells through a bunch of small internet retailers (among other sellers).

I am nearing the end of my rope. Not sure if I should cancel the order or stick it out. I keep getting told that "it will be here before I know it." First it was to be here before thanksgiving and then Christmas and now I don't hold my breath. anybody else try to order the Matrix? I saw other posts on delays with the 2400, but that guy ordered after me and already received.

oh well, hope the wait is worth it.

Hey Frank

Welcome to the forums!

From what I have read on this forum and hear from a friend who ordered the Drolet Classic (which is made by SBI - the same company that makes Osburn and other brands of stoves) they are sold out of almost every model. With the cold winter we had last year, everyone got on the wood stove bandwagon.

GIve them a call and maybe they can give you an ETA if your dealer can't. Lots of people in this thread contacted them and were able to get some information.

All the best!

Andrew

Wonder if Osburn was getting its door and other castings from Efel?

To be honest, I am not sure. But a stove like the Matrix doesn't have any cast iron components (like me 2300 and the 2400 do). I think they're simply short on fireboxes...stoves are selling like hot cakes in Canada this year. There are some decent incentives in some provinces. A coworker of mine ditched his wood/oil furnace, converted his entire house to electricity and purchased a wood stove for the basement. He received a $1100 tax credit for the work, AKA stove was free and he simply attached it to his Class A chimney that was being used by the furnace.

Andrew

I appreciate the replies. I have called (the seller). I might even be considered a bulldog in this area, but I try to be nice! I call and call the seller and can't count the number of times they have said they would call me back with more information and they don't. I have to call again to get promised information. They are either so incompetent or Osburn (or SBI) isn't doing enough to support their distributors/sellers, but I am seriously questioning my purchasing decision. I was told one factory shipment date (mid november), then that changed to another (mid December). Since December date, it has taken over 2 weeks for shipment to go from manufacture to "warehouse" (supposedly 75 units). All the while, no one can give me a shipment date for my unit (neither ship out from warehouse or arrival window to my house). It is not that hard to track an individual stove, is it, or a whole truckload for that matter? Unless they have really backward manufacturing/shipping handling, I should not have such a difficult time getting tracking details.

Really makes me wonder if the seller I chose was/is the issue. I have noticed that many of the authorized sellers (per Osburn Manufacturing web site) have virtually identical websites. Makes me think that they are maybe all part of Osburn, or at least they get business assistance from Osburn? I cannot find a phone number for Osburn/SBI. All they seem to have for Contact Us is a web form. I am about ready to fill that out to see if I can get some help.

I am not posting this to purely vent my frustrations, but to see if anyone else has experienced this as well and share my experience.

I am still hopeful that I will receive the stove in the next couple of weeks. If I cancel the stove, I fear it will be months before I would receive from different seller. And to top it off, all this time, I've been feeding my monster masonry fireplace cords of wood...grumble.. sorry.

I appreciate the replies. I have called (the seller). I might even be considered a bulldog in this area, but I try to be nice! I call and call the seller and can't count the number of times they have said they would call me back with more information and they don't. I have to call again to get promised information. They are either so incompetent or Osburn (or SBI) isn't doing enough to support their distributors/sellers, but I am seriously questioning my purchasing decision. I was told one factory shipment date (mid november), then that changed to another (mid December). Since December date, it has taken over 2 weeks for shipment to go from manufacture to "warehouse" (supposedly 75 units). All the while, no one can give me a shipment date for my unit (neither ship out from warehouse or arrival window to my house). It is not that hard to track an individual stove, is it, or a whole truckload for that matter? Unless they have really backward manufacturing/shipping handling, I should not have such a difficult time getting tracking details.

Really makes me wonder if the seller I chose was/is the issue. I have noticed that many of the authorized sellers (per Osburn Manufacturing web site) have virtually identical websites. Makes me think that they are maybe all part of Osburn, or at least they get business assistance from Osburn? I cannot find a phone number for Osburn/SBI. All they seem to have for Contact Us is a web form. I am about ready to fill that out to see if I can get some help.

I am not posting this to purely vent my frustrations, but to see if anyone else has experienced this as well and share my experience.

I am still hopeful that I will receive the stove in the next couple of weeks. If I cancel the stove, I fear it will be months before I would receive from different seller. And to top it off, all this time, I've been feeding my monster masonry fireplace cords of wood...grumble.. sorry.
Something tells me that your seller could be part of the problem.

Try (418) 878-3040 . It is SBI's direct phone number.

Andrew

Reactions: Frranko
Thanks for the number Chef! I was able to get a little more detail from retailer today, and it sounds like I will be seeing the stove next week. If that falls through, then I will give SBI a ring for sure!

Boom! Glad I could help.

I have a sister down in Georgia. How the heck do you use a stove down there?! It's 85 degrees in May!

Andrew

Status
Not open for further replies.