Osburn 2400 coming for install plug in blower?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justin

Nov 28, 2012
Purchased my Osburn 2400 and due to be installed on Saturday. As far as plugging in the blower I put a plug inside the built-ins that I built. I would have to drill a hole through the side of the built in to get the plug in there. Don't really want to do that. I saw someone say on here that you can run an extension cord down your ash cleanout and have the plug in the fireplace. Is this true??? Seems to me the cord would just melt in the firebox.

Thoughts?

Cheers!

I did not run an extension cord. I ran m/c wire and used a metal box and metal outlet. Worked perfect. I ran the wire to a disconnect point in basement. I flipped the ash door over so there was a small gap that the wire ran through. I will check to see if I still have a pic

Status
Not open for further replies.