Osburn 1600 Air Adjustment Knob

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Caw

Minister of Fire
May 26, 2020
Massachusetts
So I was running the stove today and the air adjustment knob just came right off when I grabbed it. As you can see in the pic it's attached with a simple set screw that came loose. No problem, I waited for the stove to cool and I reattached it.

HOWEVER! When I reattached it and was using the stove I noticed the knob was positioned differently in relation to the stove when I adjust the air. It turns out that it just wasn't installed tightly originally and it was out of place. This is my first year with the stove so I didn't notice it. I learned all my visual cues for the air with the darn knob on wrong!

I used to be able to tell how open it was from across the room! Back to square one. My wife just laughed at me but I know my wood burning buddies here feel my pain...this is a fine tuned machine! ;lol

20210305_184604.jpg