Ordered a Semi-load of Logs

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Similar... not the same. Ordered a Semi-load of Logs

Attachments

• Ordered a Semi-load of Logs
    20200429_153608.jpg
    283.6 KB · Views: 174
Reactions: Lakeside
Lots of room for my hoarding tendencies... wife put the cabash on another garage though.;)

Reactions: Lakeside
Semi-load delivered today. Mostly hard maple, small portion soft maple, and a little basswood. First impression is good quality logs. Will know more once I start to buck it up.

Attachments

Log 1.jpg
    244.9 KB · Views: 256
    Log 2.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 258
    Log 4.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 258
    Log 3.jpg
    237 KB · Views: 260
Will know more once I start to buck it up.
I based my cordage number on just the truck, the truck only which is about the same size we get around here yields 6 1/2 to 7 cords even though many companies advertise 8 - 10 cords, the trailer kicker will def get you closer to the ten cord mark, good luck and take your time with the pile.

That's what we call a double load here.
In my experience, you will end up with
16to 18 cord. depending on how you split and stack
Nice Load

Cost was $105/cord delivered to my site as shown in the pictures. The trucker is located about 60 miles from me. He acquired the logs from the logger I have used on two cuts on our property, one a Golden Wing Warbler habitat improvement cut on about 30 acres of aspen, the other a thinning of a 19 acre natural white pine stand with trees in about the 50-75 year age class. The logger did a superb job on my two cuts.

Cost was $105/cord delivered to my site as shown in the pictures. The trucker is located about 60 miles from me. He acquired the logs from the logger I have used on two cuts on our property, one a Golden Wing Warbler habitat improvement cut on about 30 acres of aspen, the other a thinning of a 19 acre natural white pine stand with trees in about the 50-75 year age class. The logger did a superb job on my two cuts.

Oops...

I am curious how many cords you paid for versus how much css you yield when done...?

Semi-load delivered today. Mostly hard maple, small portion soft maple, and a little basswood. First impression is good quality logs. Will know more once I start to buck it up.

Just curious why you paid for basswood?

Reactions: SpaceBus
Finished four cords, about 1/3 of the load, bucked, split and stacked. My wife operated the splitter ram while I loaded the splitter and threw the splits into a trailer. This is what's left for next year and beyond.

Reactions: JimBear
Nice pile, if I had room for something like that at my place I would do it.

Man i get jealous reading threads like this! There's only one person to deal with in my small town for log delivery. It costs $185 per cord of white birch, but then another $350 to have it delivered (six cords/delivery). So, $1110 for the wood, plus $350 for delivery works out to $243 per cord delivered to my driveway in 8ft lengths. And you fellas are getting the primo hardwoods to boot! What I would give for a nice load of hardwood.

Wow, that's expensive. In New Hampshire I can get it for around $100 per cord if I got a grapple load delivered. If I had room for it that is.

Here it is 1150 plus 13%
Harmonized screw tax (HST)
when cut and split works out to 7 -71/2 cord
Sugar maple and red Oak

Here it is 1150 plus 13%
Harmonized screw tax (HST)
when cut and split works out to 7 -71/2 cord
Sugar maple and red Oak
want to ship a load north to me there neighbour?!

Search for area loggers and call them.

Reactions: LiamFitzpatrick
Hello. So I’m from Northeast Wisconsin and I’m interested in getting a semi load of logs does anyone know anyone or where I could order from? Thanks
I would call all tree companies in the area, ask them about grapple loads or whatever they call them in Wisconsin. Lots of times those guys (arborists or loggers) will sell log loads or know someone else who will. Or best case scenario, the smaller arborist operations without the storage space may be willing stuff to drop stuff on your property.

Now THAT is a good deal my friend. I can't get a truck that big down here, but the lowest I've heard is around $100 per cord, so that's a steal. If my wife and I ever get more land, I would definitely do something like that.