Old school

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Yes it did. And a tiny firebox. And yes that proce is about what they paid. But they bought it in england and had it shipped to the us so over all it was more.
Do you know how big the firebox is? I was looking at the 990 and was wondering about it. Couldn’t find any specs on firebox. US dealer wants about $8500 for it.

I really like that they are insulated and shouldn’t be as hot as normal wood cook stoves.

Old school Has anyone tried burning compressed logs in there old cooker? I cooked 2 pizzas in the home comfort last night and had to reload several times. I plan on cooking a turkey in it this year and will have to get my game face on.