Ok, now I'm REALLY done!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JP11

Minister of Fire
May 15, 2011
Central Maine
Got my tanks spray foamed at about 5" a while back. I was still getting a fair amount of heat loss, making the boiler room WAY too hot for summer. (small bits of exposed pipe and the valves)

SO.. got around to walling them in. Then the insulation man came today with blow in cellulose. It's packed in there pretty tight. It took 7 bags to fill it to the top of the box.

Other than an initial scare where my computer readout temp probes stopped working (a couple resets got it) It went well. Just charged em up to 194... we'll see how they last.

Attachments

• Ok, now I'm REALLY done!
    IMG_0616.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 148
And YES.. I have got the gallon of paint to make it match the walls. That's a winter project though. I've still got wood to gather. Found a nice hung up, maple I think it was. Dead and no bark on it. Cut, spit, and on a pallet. 15% moisture content! Wish I could find a forest of that stuff.

You just can't beat keepen in the heat!

TS

I bet that paint will dry fast. ;)

K

I bet that paint will dry fast. ;)

K
Can't feel any heat on it at all. Boiler room still a bit warm. But that's just from the boiler itself. Boiler and tanks were at 194.. and with no load I bet it took 2 to 3 hours for the boiler to go below 190 so the pump would shut off.

Well.. glad I tested it.

I let my tank temp get down.. hoping to get the oil boiler to come on. I just got done cleaning the oil boiler and wanted it to run.

My set temp came.... and went!

Builder had attempted to cover up aquastat for cellulose blow in. It didn't prevent the sticking though. Took off the top pane and gave the aquastat a tap. (surprisingly.. it wasn't too messy. The area I needed to access I just shoved the cellulose down tighter and found the stat.) A little tap and it works now.

Hope I don't have to talk the wife thru that one when I'm away. Easy fix is.. Keep the dang temps up with FREE wood! :)

JP

You could install an aquastat with a remote bulb and rought the capallary out of the box.

TS

You could install an aquastat with a remote bulb and rought the capallary out of the box.

TS
I'll do that if it acts up again. I'm hoping it was just a fluke due to blow in just being done. We'll see.

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.