Do they still Make the New yorker? Its got a wet leg in the base that eliminates the use of those refractory pots that fall apart over time.
How would you describe the noise level? That has always been my complaint with my oil boiler-sounds like a jet engine running up in my basement!Some finished pics. Boiler installed. 3 new zone valves, new venting..all misc fittings replaced. Runs like a dream!!
Delivered to my door and install ran about $4,300. I pulled the old one out on my own.
Changing the nozzle can help the noise... Hollow cone, wider angle, next smaller size.Looks great, you install it yourself?
My peerless and riello i hear 2 floors up!
Changing the nozzle can help the noise... Hollow cone, wider angle, next smaller size.
With WM you pay a steep price for their marketing; they are also excessively noisy. I see that you have pulled the trigger but FWIW, especially given your location, a Utica Boiler (locally made and in stock at most local plumbing supply houses) is one the best I've found, and also reasonably priced.In the small amount of research I have done, the Burnhams have come up frequently and with positive reviews.
Any input on Weil Mclain? I have not done the heat calc, but will. This is a 75kbtu unit. Price is nice.
http://www.supplyhouse.com/Weil-Mclain-386-700-827-WGO-2-86000-BTU-Gold-Oil-Boiler-7206000-p
We use essential cookies to make this site work, and optional cookies to enhance your experience.