OAK Interior Trim Plate

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

kafox

Dec 20, 2018
MA
Hello! My 2" outside air kit didn't come with an interior trim plate and I can't find one for sale separately. Are there any for sale out there or any idea what I can use to trim this out? Thanks!

Can you post pics of the kit you have?

It's the one that comes with the pelpro ppc90
OAK Interior Trim Plate

Oh ok, yeah that’s a tough one…I would just make my own out of wood, stain and varnish it, or paint…

Reactions: johneh and kafox
Late to the game here but, this is what I did. The area where the AOK intake goes used to be a crank out window that's close to the floor. I took out the mechanicals but left the frame. The outside is a piece of exterior grade plywood cut to fit in the opening and is stained to match the house. It's a contemporary. The inside, which you see in the picture is a piece of one inch blue Styrofoam insulation painted to match the walls in my sunroom. The screws in the eschuteon (sp) plate are long enough to go through the styro and into the plywood. It works great.

OAK Interior Trim Plate

I looked at the pix of what you have and I can see that. Mine came with the kit. There must be something you could fashion, perhaps out of wood, that would look nice. Square piece of wood, two inch hole, route the edges, prime and paint. Done. You could also stain and varnish. Given that its a cold air intake there would be no worries about fire. Good luck.