New stove burn temps. 13nc

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
I meant to say stove pipe temps.

On the old stove a lot of heat was lost up the chimney, allowing the temps to be so high. On the new stove once its hot and the primary air is turned down the chimney temp will be lower since more heat is being extracted at the stove, hence less wood use and better efficiency.

On the old stove a lot of heat was lost up the chimney, allowing the temps to be so high. On the new stove once its hot and the primary air is turned down the chimney temp will be lower since more heat is being extracted at the stove, hence less wood use and better efficiency.
OK thanks Zack, I have a lot to learn!

begreen, Hello I put a little cement on a few joints , but not a lot.
When the stove is at 600 flames are active and have some secondary burns.
Stove pipe temp. around 350.
Also I put cement around the thimble and some around the collar. It is rutland brand
furnace cement.
Thanks
Those temps sound a lot better. The furnace cement is baking in a bit too. This stove will not run like the old Fisher. It has a secondary combustion system that kicks in as the air control is closed off. That creates a vacuum in the firebox which starts pulling air from the secondary tubes. Result, the stove temp goes up while the flue temp goes down a bit.

Reactions: Zack R
Did another burn off today. Was careful and watched my temps. Stove
top at around 550 started noticing smell, before it got to bad I started
doing the sniff test. Tracked it down to two spots. One is the black RTV
holding in the door gasket. The other is my two 45's. They did come out
of the box with a darker paint than the other (non fuming) vent pipe.
After two hours of constant burning the uncured parts of the stove
started curing . Opened up the windows. Here we go again.

a few times the stove would get above 700 a bit and even after 6 years worth i still could detect that odor which was an instant alert that things were a might to hot in my book. no haze or like that just the scent factor.

a few times the stove would get above 700 a bit and even after 6 years worth i still could detect that odor which was an instant alert that things were a might to hot in my book. no haze or like that just the scent factor.
Thanks blades. Something to look forward too.