New Regency F2500 Catalytic

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

roberth42

Hearth Supporter
May 12, 2010
Tres-St-Redempteur, Quebec
Good day all!
Having a new Regency F2500 Catalytic stove installed next week :)
So looking forward to wood heat again...been without a wood stove for 4 yrs now. My wood is all ready at 20% or less MC....mostly maple and beech.
If anyone has this stove please let me know your thoughts!!
Thanks

Reactions: Woody Stover
Good day all!
Having a new Regency F2500 Catalytic stove installed next week :)
So looking forward to wood heat again...been without a wood stove for 4 yrs now. My wood is all ready at 20% or less MC....mostly maple and beech.
If anyone has this stove please let me know your thoughts!!
Thanks

Looking forward to the install and first fire pics!

Reactions: roberth42
That’s awesome, sounds like you’re going to have fun this winter :) I’m very curious to hear your thoughts on the new catalytic regency. Please let us know how it goes!

Regency has been expanding its hybrid stove selection year by year. It's nice to see them come out with a medium-size model.

Regency has been expanding its hybrid stove selection year by year. It's nice to see them come out with a medium-size model.
They have had this for a few years now. They just changed the numbers when they had them retested for 2020. I think only the 5100 needed tweaked a bit to pass. I think it is the 5200 now

They have had this for a few years now. They just changed the numbers when they had them retested for 2020. I think only the 5100 needed tweaked a bit to pass. I think it is the 5200 now
I haven't seen it before 2019. The Regency F2500 is not listed in the Nov 2017 or Oct 2018 EPA reports. Just the F5100 and F3500 are listed.

I haven't seen it before 2019. The Regency F2500 is not listed in the Nov 2017 or Oct 2018 EPA reports. Just the F5100 and F3500 are listed.
Oh I just looked it up you are right that is what used to be the standard 2400 they added a cat and it is now the 2500. I am a bit sceptical of that design but time will tell

Stove is finally installed! Very happy with it....just having some break in fires today.

Attachments

• New Regency F2500 Catalytic
    15734068320403266931609431238642.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 536
Is the the cat meter up there in that doghouse attached to the stove’s collar?

Stove is finally installed! Very happy with it....just having some break in fires today.
Looks great, I’m sure it will keep you nice and cozy this winter, which is about to begin... good timing!

Hello
roberth42
are you satisfied ok your new Regency F2500, please?
Most of the questions I have about these stoves concern the durability. I don't doubt they work fine. We won't have answers about the durability for a couple years.

this question on durability is very very interesting!
I believe that the only non-durable part can be the round ceramic catalyst, all the rest should have no more problems than all the other products ... what do you think?

this question on durability is very very interesting!
I believe that the only non-durable part can be the round ceramic catalyst, all the rest should have no more problems than all the other products ... what do you think?
We don't know how the rest of the stove will hold up to the hot spot from the cat. It could effect the stove body the baffle the tubes etc. We just don't know. The good thing is that in the past if they had problems regency has stood behind their products and addressed those issues. But untill we know I won't be pushing to sell any of them

Hey since I've only owned the stove and operated it since November 11th....I cannot speak about durability. I can tell you I like it very much so far and the catalytic has a 10yr guarantee so should be ok.

Hey since I've only owned the stove and operated it since November 11th....I cannot speak about durability. I can tell you I like it very much so far and the catalytic has a 10yr guarantee so should be ok.
For the first one only I believe. Cats usually only last 3 to 4 years if used full time. This one we have no idea. The fact that the cat moves could shorten that.

Ya would make sense that it is for the first one. Will only know with time.
Yes I hope they urn out to be great stoves. I like the idea. Only time will tell.