New pellet stove users.. stove wont turn on

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Damanarie

Nov 12, 2018
Michigan
Hi, I hope someone can help. We installed our new pellet stove and it was up and running fine. The manual instructed to run on HR-3 for 3 hours which we did. After the three hours we wanted to turn the stove to HR-1 as it was to warm in our house. I could not get the Heat Range down to operate so I thought maybe I should do a reset and hit the Aux up and down for three seconds..which turned the stove off completely after a cool down period. We waited about a half hour until the stove was cool and tried to turn ot back on however the on button does nothing and the control panel stays dark. What are we doing wrong???

might help to know make and model of stove ?

You might want to unplug it for a bit, then plug it back in so that it’s back to the original settings before you reset it. If that doesn’t do it, I’d be calling US Stove customer support or the dealer you bought the stove from.

Reactions: Edward Hughes