New Pacific Energy FP30 Installation Progress Thread

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Hey,
Sorry I'm new to this forum but also just had the fp30 installed. It's been super great so far, we have been using it for a week and almost always with the air control all the way down. Is there anything that I may have missed on this forum to slow down the burn even more?

Also PE limited lifetime warranty I find to be silly, since when is lifetime "10 years". I just saw this when I was filling out the warranty card and I was slightly disappointed.

Anyway for details there is no fresh air intake installed as the installer said it created cold pockets (what the Mrs told me he said anyway).
Chimney is about 20 ft I would say.
Any input would be appreciated.

All of our lifetimes are limited.

That's correct. Sorry I don't have photos before I covered it with rock. I will say the bottom of my mantle gets very hot. If I could do it again and it would look correct, I would put my mantle a bit higher for added saftey. I tried to do this, but my wife said it looked odd because the mantle was so high so mine is right at the required height.

Thanks for your help guys! I picked up some 1/2" threaded rod - i think i'll go with 4 of them along the length of the mantel and drill through the metal studs as discussed. Here's a few pictures of the build so far - i managed to get some mosaic tiles down on the floor this weekend - tiling the fireplace exterior is perhaps this weekend! A few pictures of my mantel too that i'm trying to hew with an axe! Worst case i'll have some kindling for fire starting and some big logs for the fire :)

IMG_5384.JPG IMG_5392.JPG IMG_5117.JPG IMG_5322.JPG

In the manual it shows this outside air adapter plate, which is on my unit however I am currently not using outside air, should the installer have used a solid metal plate instead of the one shown In the picture?
Screenshot_20171212-131800.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for your help guys! I picked up some 1/2" threaded rod - i think i'll go with 4 of them along the length of the mantel and drill through the metal studs as discussed. Here's a few pictures of the build so far - i managed to get some mosaic tiles down on the floor this weekend - tiling the fireplace exterior is perhaps this weekend! A few pictures of my mantel too that i'm trying to hew with an axe! Worst case i'll have some kindling for fire starting and some big logs for the fire :)

View attachment 217666 View attachment 217669 View attachment 217667 View attachment 217668

Looks nice!

No I don’t believe you want to cover up the hole with a plate. You need to leave it open for combustion air. If you’re not using an OAK, you won’t need the adapter on but it won’t hurt anything leaving it on. I’m surprised that you have the adapter on yours but not using it as I think those are an “extra” but I could be wrong as my dealer automatically installs them in the ZC ‘s anyways.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No I don’t believe you want to cover up the hole with a plate. You need to leave it open for combustion air. If you’re not using an OAK, you won’t need the adapter on but it won’t hurt anything leaving it on. I’m surprised that you have the adapter on yours but not using it as I think those are an “extra” but I could be wrong as my dealer automatically installs them in the ZC ‘s anyways.

Ok thanks, really appreciate the information.

Question for other FP30 owners,
We only burn on weekends and days off,
What are other owners seeing as far as fan run times?

Mine will run over 18 hours after the last load. ( last load was put in at close to 9pm, was still running at 6pm the next night)

Ashes were completely burnt down and out, and the air blowing out was almost as cold as the outside air temp ( because the OAK duct.) Main furnace must have been working over time all day...

Normally I will just scoop out the ashes and just turn the fan off, when the air drops down to room temp...

Question for other FP30 owners,
We only burn on weekends and days off,
What are other owners seeing as far as fan run times?

Mine will run over 18 hours after the last load. ( last load was put in at close to 9pm, was still running at 6pm the next night)

Ashes were completely burnt down and out, and the air blowing out was almost as cold as the outside air temp ( because the OAK duct.) Main furnace must have been working over time all day...

Normally I will just scoop out the ashes and just turn the fan off, when the air drops down to room temp...
I turn the fan off manually all the time. It runs way longer than needed. Also I use 2 of those business card size fridge magnets to seal the cold air from the oak when the stove is cold. Basically put the control lever on high then the 2 magnets on the right. Works great.

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

I turn the fan off manually all the time. It runs way longer than needed. Also I use 2 of those business card size fridge magnets to seal the cold air from the oak when the stove is cold. Basically put the control lever on high then the 2 magnets on the right. Works great.

Sent from my SM-G900R6 using Tapatalk

That's interesting - i've always manually turned mine off - but i've been surprised by how hot the stove has to get in order for the fan to start (i just assumed it would cut off if it cooled down but never tried it.)

Great idea RE: the fridge magnets! Mine has a pretty good breeze blowing through it at times.

I am 6 weeks into ownership of my fireplace. All I can say is that I am surprised at how well it is working. A new build 3100sqft bungalow, and I can maintain room temperature at furnace thermostat and at far ends of house I am reading 2 degrees lower. This is without any furnace fan running, completely impressed thus far.

I am 6 weeks into ownership of my fireplace. All I can say is that I am surprised at how well it is working. A new build 3100sqft bungalow, and I can maintain room temperature at furnace thermostat and at far ends of house I am reading 2 degrees lower. This is without any furnace fan running, completely impressed thus far.[/

I said he same thing about ours. I can’t believe this thing heats our 2800 sq ft house. [emoji106][emoji4]

Last edited:
Hey guys - more questions! How long after your stone was installed did you wait to fire your stove up again?? I was thinking a few days but have been told 28 days by a mason!! Didn’t expect that!!

My Mason told me 7 days minimum, but the longer the better. I think I waited 8. It was at least 14 before I brought it up to 600+ temps.

Reactions: JonB2017
Thankfully no! :) it is slate so it is a natural stone - the surface is irregular as it is essentially a big rock mechanically split into tiles. So there are different colors and irregularities in the surface

Thankfully no! :) it is slate so it is a natural stone - the surface is irregular as it is essentially a big rock mechanically split into tiles. So there are different colors and irregularities in the surface

Oh ya, I see it better now that I turned my monitor brightness up a bit more. Very nice!
I love natural stone! Thats all I have at my house in and out.

Reactions: JonB2017
I know this is way past now but I would be extremely interested in hearing how everyone is liking their FP30's? I am planning to remove the manufactured open fireplace in the home we are buying and have the FP30 arch put in.

View attachment 239780

Sorry it took so long to put up some pics...that's a photo right after I finished off my stone work.
Checking in, how is your design performing? Did you end up ducting air form a different room for circulation? I'm working on a similar plan (3200sqft Ranch w/ partial walkout basement), looking to maximize heat circulation in winter. What did you put into your design to evenly heat the house and distant rooms? Cheers!