New Owner of PS40 -- Question regarding Remote

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

rsamsel

Nov 3, 2018
Kent WA
Hello all-

Thank you in advance for your help.

I purchased a home with a PS40 pellet stove. I love it.

I do have some questions about a remote that is supposed to control the stove. We have a Acuman remote (pictured below) The remote does not change the stove at all. The stove runs great but is not at all controlled by the remote.

Everything I have read talks about the "receiver"...the other end of the remote. I can't find one in our stove anywhere. I have gone through all the owners manuals etc and can find nothing that would resemble a receiver.

I have included a couple pictures of the control panel and the wiring hub. Can someone tell me if I have a receiver!? The previous owners of the home say that the remote worked but I can't imagine how it would work without some sort of receiver.

Super confused.
Rob
Kent, WA New Owner of PS40 -- Question regarding Remote New Owner of PS40 -- Question regarding Remote New Owner of PS40 -- Question regarding Remote

Check for a wall mounted thermostat that has the same name as your remote, it may be the receiver. If so the tstat should be hard wired to the stove. Info is in the manual pg 12 and 19

Your manual: http://www.homeandhearth-mainst.com/winslow.pdf

Check for a wall mounted thermostat that has the same name as your remote, it may be the receiver. If so the tstat should be hard wired to the stove. Info is in the manual pg 12 and 19

Your manual: http://www.homeandhearth-mainst.com/winslow.pdf

So I did this. I don't see a thermostat anywhere! There is a jumper wire on the control panel. According to the owners manual you remove that jumper wire to install a thermostat. I think the fact that wire is in place means that there isnt an external thermostat. I can't imagine what the heck is going on here.

Well if it has the tstat jumper still installed they must have taken It with them or never really had it connected to the stove and the remote was left behind

Well if it has the tstat jumper still installed they must have taken It with them or never really had it connected to the stove and the remote was left behind
Crap. Any way to purchase just the receiver side so we don't have 2 remotes?

Probably not unless you find one on ebay that is missing a remote.