New Hearthstone woodstove coming out next year!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's awsome Spike!!! The Yule log wood stove.

Personally I'd like to see Hearthstone (or Woodstock) come up with Woodstove design that's more along the lines of one of these:

Woodstock gas stove that needs a Wood version

or

Morso soapstone

The goal would be a smaller firebox yet with a tall narrow design. Hearthstone makes some smaller stoves, but the design is more wide and thin. I really like the look of the woodstock gas stove above, and a small wood version seems like a really beautiful stove.

A stove as big as your suggesting seems like it would just cook you out of most rooms. And I agree, 850 lbs? My 315 lb Osburn was bad enough. Can you imagine if you had to go down/up stairs with that thing?

seriously, with that much stone if you could find a way to burn slow without to much creosote which might mean a cat there should be no reason that the stove wouldn't have a 15 hour heat life for each burn.

that would be the perfect working mans stove :wow:

Roospike said:
LOL :lol:

spike thats a great pic
with that stove you wouldn't here the compliant. the glass is to small i can't see the fire

Here's the masonary heater I would have wanted to put into my new house. The house will be an open plan with a greatroom and cathedral ceilings. Unfortunately, I don't want to pay $25,000 for a heater to heat my house. Since the house would be designed for a heavy stove installation, I think a larger soapstove woodstove would be perfect for this type of house. And if the price tag was around $3,000-$3,500 I'd consider that a bargain.

Attachments

• New Hearthstone woodstove coming out next year!
    Tulikivi.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 409
Yeah, masonry heaters seem to work great, but economical they are not. If you have the bucks, they sure are purdy.

Be interesting if someone made a modular stove. Maybe 10 peices or so, that could be site assembled and when done fit's somewhere in the middle of the masonry heater space and the big Hearthstones. Maybe something like a 1000lb stove that would essentially work like a masonry heater...1-2 relatively short burns a day, but good heat life. Assembly would be kit form and possible by a somewhat skilled home owner or installed by a pro.

Price in the 3500 range.

Insert and freestanding versions of course.

If I had a big enough house I would buy one. I like the look of the Hearth Stone products.

Thoes are nice looking stoves.

Todd said:
Look familiar? Someone is already building a 700lb stove. Check these stoves out.

www.altechfireplaces.com

Unfortunately, these like other great European stoves are not sold in the US and the prices on most of these are $5,000 US or more.

I really liked this Topolino stove made in Switzerland. It's a portable masonry heater which can be disassembled. I got a quote of $5,700 before VAT and shipping from the closest vendor who was in the UK.

Topolino stove

Fred Seton in Montana who also makes a wood boiler makes this refractory stove. It's really big and combines some of the portability of a stove with the benefits of a masonry heater but it's not the prettiest one out there by a damn sight.

Montana masonry stove

Well sell Rais, and i tell you there are stylelish. BUT, they are not for big ole American homes. There way to small, even the largest model, to heat much of an area.

The Gourmet and Canada stoves look like the Hearthstone Mansfield with an oven on top. I bet Hearthstone builds those for them. Maybe that new stove MSG is talking about is similar to these?

The Palladian is actually the Keystone in this country. The Fireview looks the same.

They also claim all stoves are at least 80% efficient.

Burn-1 said:
Todd said:
Look familiar? Someone is already building a 700lb stove. Check these stoves out.

www.altechfireplaces.com
I got a quote of $5,700 before VAT and shipping from the closest vendor who was in the UK.

You can ignore VAT, it is refunded to you after the purchase.

-- Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.