New Hearthstone woodstove coming out next year!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MountainStoveGuy

Minister of Fire
Hearth Supporter
Jan 23, 2006
Boulder County
I had luch with the local Hearthstone rep the other day. He was telling me about this new hearthstone woodstove being released, basicly seeing if i was intrested in carrying it and if there would be a market for it. The rep was against it.
Here is what it is supposed to be like.

A lager stove then the mansfield rated at 100,000-120,000 btus.
4.5 cubic foot firebox.
26 inch log capacity
Side load door.
850 LBS!!

I told him that i wasnt to excited about it, the weight alone is a killer. Who wants to move a stove that large. My second point is WHO in the world needs a stove that big? I dont know of many 3000 square foot living rooms. I suppose i will bring one in and set it on the floor. I dont think i would offer delivery on it. The customer will have to arrange for pick up or a moving company will have to do it. The mansified is already almost unmangable at 250 lbs lighter.
We will see what is actually realeased.
Would you buy one of these? I cant imagine the price tag, i bet its somewhere in the neighborhood of $3500-$3700 bucks.

Damm! That sounds great!
If I had the space/money/... I'd be all over it.
One month burn times?... ;-)

Congrats on the new Mansfield/family members btw.

I like to see them get the stoves they make now to my door step and in good shape

Sounds like time for Hearthstone to stop those company sponsored happy hours for the marketing department. I get concerned enough about the possibility of a 500 box full of burning wood crashing through the floor into the basement. 900 pounds is nuts.

But of course I gotta see one of them dudes in action.

I guess if you have a big enough area for it..... why not. I'd love to see one/hate to move one. Even though the soapstove will temper a lot of the heat from blasting you out, I would imagine that that sucker all fired up would pump out a lot of heat

LOL :lol:

Attachments

• New Hearthstone woodstove coming out next year!
    ImageStove021.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 884
FINALLY!!! I don't have to cut all those longer splits that the wood guy sneaks into my pile!

Ahhh... how wonderful... 48" split, no problem... hell, why split at all, just chuck whole 48" logs into the new Hearthstone. Tell the folks at PE that they can keep their Extended Burn Technology, or whatever it is... we wanna burn whole logs!

-- Mike

If I had a home big enough, I would consider one. I think there is a market for larger soapstone stoves. I've read reviews from Woodstock owners wishing they made a larger stove than the 480lb Fireview. If they build it, they will buy!

Todd said:
If I had a home big enough, I would consider one. I think there is a market for larger soapstone stoves. I've read reviews from Woodstock owners wishing they made a larger stove than the 480lb Fireview. If they make it they will buy!

Thats what im afraid of... people will buy it.

MountainStoveGuy said:
Todd said:
If I had a home big enough, I would consider one. I think there is a market for larger soapstone stoves. I've read reviews from Woodstock owners wishing they made a larger stove than the 480lb Fireview. If they make it they will buy!

Why don't you suggest that they find a way to assemble it on site.
Slap some cement on there and bolt it together.
Might make it easier to handel than the current stuff.

Oh and a walk in loading door would be nice too.

Roospike said:
LOL :lol:
Looks like the airwash hasn't been improved, the left glass, glass, glass, glass is crudding up :lol:
Could you imagine if a stove was that big..... open the door hear it creak then snap

I would not buy one of these,

Maybe they could design it to be sectional for easier delivery? or have the stones be removable to lighten it up. Its a monster for sure.

MountainStoveGuy said:

Awwww... poor poor stove dealer guy... whine whine whine... if dey buy da big stowve, I will haff to cawwy it into dere big howwse. poor me! ;-P

Yes Mr. Smith, and we installed it the correct way, with an insulated flue and a thermodynamic Hasenfeffer diagnostic kit. That will be 28 thousand dollars please. (msg laughs as he drives his Hummer H1 to the bank)

-- Mike

Mike Wilson said:
MountainStoveGuy said:

Awwww... poor poor stove dealer guy... whine whine whine... if dey buy da big stowve, I will haff to cawwy it into dere big howwse. poor me! ;-P

Yes Mr. Smith, and we installed it the correct way, with an insulated flue and a thermodynamic Hasenfeffer diagnostic kit. That will be 28 thousand dollasrs please. (msg laughs as he drives his Hummer H1 to the bank)

-- Mike

exactly.

Is it really such a bad idea?

If the stove can be controlled well, that kind of firebox could give 18-24 hour burn intervals with heat continuing well beyond that, and do it a lot cleaner than an outdoor boiler or overdamping a smaller stove. Sure you COULD crank it up to ridiculous levels of heat output, but that's not why people get soapstone stoves in the first place.

Additionally, we never once lifted our fireview - it was moved using a wheeled floor jack :)

If there was some way to partially disassemble that would help - we took off the removable lid on the woodstock, along with cast door and firebricks to make it a bit easier to move around.

I'd certainly have seriously considered such an option with a cat had it been available - thermostatic air control would be a nice bonus on it! (even if it meant putting a couple reinforcing sisters on the floor joists :)

-Colin

In a cold climate with a 2500 sqft + home, I would consider it...At present our mansfield is in a 1900 sqft home that is well insulated and in southern Quebec. Mansfield is 80,000 btu and upto 2500 sqft according to mfg(understand the specific install and mfg claims)... Had we gone with the heritage I think we would not have had enough stove when it gets cold..

The fastest selling homes up in Northern New England/Adirondacks are big old farm houses/and new copies and they open them up(great rooms) and tall ceilings and many must leak like a sieve so the Soapstone M1 Abrams could be just the ticket.

I remember when I picked up our mansfield, the fork lift put it just past the tailgate in the bed...I asked if they could put it close to the cab...Yeah no problem, figured they would slide it...nope two guys picked it up to mid thigh height and put right up to the cab nice as can be...Used a john deere back hoe to take out and set on a dolly at the house.

This stove must have a time delay inside door on it , after about 4-6 hours a few new logs roll out of the trap door and into the coal bed. "Yeah , she get a good 24 hours of heat off of her."

Status
Not open for further replies.