New Harman Allure50 install question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Festeraxp

Mar 8, 2018
Pennsylvania
Hey everyone. Hope you are all having a great day. I just bought and installed a Hartman Allure50. My question is. This stove has a 3” air intake. My old stove only had a 2” air intake. What should I do ? I would like to get this up and running as soon as possible. I have a brick ranch so when I put the original hole in the brick for the air intake it was a lot of fun. Any suggestions would be appreciated. I have some vent pipe left over and think I could use that

Attachments

• New Harman  Allure50 install question
    9103EF41-BA29-4BC7-9B98-D8E4B3520CD8.jpeg
    93.6 KB · Views: 143
Any chance of finding a fitting to go from 2" to 3"? Since it's the air intake and not the exhaust, there should be no problem.

If you own a hammer drill and a small diameter carbide bit, you can trace the outline of whatever size pipe that you are going to use around your existing hole. Then you take and hammer drill holes around the outline of the new size pipe you are going to use, drilling the holes next to each other as you work your way around the outline. After you finish drilling the holes, you can take a hammer and chisel and knock out the new hole. You could also use an old flat screwdriver if you don't have a chisel.

Reactions: Festeraxp
Is it the hole like 5 miles away on the left side of the photo? Can you abandon that one and maybe go down through the floor with a proper sized hole?

Thanks everyone for your replies. So what I did was removed the old 2” air intake. Then I used the hammer drill with a drill bit and chisel and spyder bits to cut through the wood and cement board which are my walls then I got out to the outer brick. I then cut the hole 3 1/4” in diameter. Once I got the hole done I slid a 12” 3” in diameter duravent pipe through and sealed it all up. Only thing is it must not be 3” in the back of that stove for the air intake because when I put the 3” pipe onto the air intake in the back of the stove it was too big. So 2” is too small and 3” is too big. I used flexible aluminum duct pipe to connect to the stove back and then to my new pipe coming out of the wall. I had to use clamps around them to cinch them down but it’s on now. I’m letting the high heat silicone cure tonight and will give it a test run tomorrow. Once again thanks everyone.

Harman=2.75” air intake pipe, I bought an intercooler 3” to 2.75 reducer and it did the trick

This is what I used to hook up my Allure Hose
Then for outside I used this Vent
With a 4" to 3" reducer and removed the damper. This worked out real nice for me. Nice stove you got there, I really like my Allure.