new fireplace mantel question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Toubib

Jan 26, 2018
Beirut
Hello guys I am new here. I have a very important question and I need a professional advise. I am installation a linear wooden insert ( Lina 10045 Schmid). I am I stalling my TV above it. I want to know what should be the mantel height and depth to protect the TV from fireplace heat?? Thank you

The mantel height will depend on the fireplace requirements for a combustible mantel. Refer to the manual for minimum mantel height in this case. If the mantel is entirely non-combustible then this is not an issue. A television over a fireplace is going to get warmer even with some mantel protection. I don't think there is any guideline for how deep a mantel should be in order to act as a shield for the television. I would make it at least 20cm deep.