New BK stoves

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

logfarmer

Feeling the Heat
Oct 25, 2015
Ohio
I just looked up the newer BK stoves, what happened to their looks?! I never was a fan of the “ultra” look, but liked the style when it was” wider at the hips”! Now they all have the “ultra” square look, not sure I like that now

Reactions: bholler
I just looked up the newer BK stoves, what happened to their looks?! I never was a fan of the “ultra” look, but liked the style when it was” wider at the hips”! Now they all have the “ultra” square look, not sure I like that now
Lol I absolutely hate the wider at the hips style. It goes against all design principles of proportion and visual weight. I think they are getting better looking.

• Haha
Reactions: logfarmer
The hamburger box style went out a long time ago. I like the newer look much better.

And they didn't just pretty up a princess as one would expect. They created a whole different firebox design that is less desirable to me. Folks like PE had a summit/super/spectrum series of stoves that were pretty plain and boxy so they figured out a way to hang cast iron onto the time proven firebox design and it's pretty great.

Folks like PE had a summit/super/spectrum series of stoves that were pretty plain and boxy so they figured out a way to hang cast iron onto the time proven firebox design and it's pretty great.
BK did the same with the Ashford. It's a good looker too.

BK did the same with the Ashford. It's a good looker too.

Oh no, that is not what happened.

BK created a brand new 30 and 20 box stove that is a new design with almost no ash belly and some other more sensitive drawbacks. The ashford 30 is indeed a good looking stove.

They kept the princess and King unchanged until the 2020 regs came out and then the new princess/king spank the 30/20 box in performance specs but still looks like a princess/king.

I meant that they clad the 20/30 steel box with a cast iron jacket, just like Jotul and PE did. Actually, I think Napoleon was the one that started this trend.

Reactions: Highbeam