New BK Princess

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

Maint1

Mar 30, 2024
WNC
I picked my BK Princess up today and started setting up. I chose a pedestal with ash pan and blower fans. When installing the fan with the speed control, the notch for the air control rod is binding the control rod making it hard to turn. I can grind the notch to free it up. My dad has had a BK king since the mid 80’s. I just learned his control was hard to turn recently. He said he has never really had to adjust it so never thought more about it. We removed his fan and that was what was making his air control hard to turn. He used a grinder to free up. Question is, something I’m doing wrong? Regardless, BK makes a great stove and I’m looking forward to this winter. Dad swears by his King. On a side note, my stove did come with a BK hat.

@BKVP ?

Dang it, I want a hat too

Reactions: Maint1
Your dad is certainly more appropriate!

Reactions: Maint1