Need some advice about this setup

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
It was after leaving the stove (Sirocco 20.1) on high setting for about one hour to char the load and heat up the place. I do notice it self-throttling the air back after 15 mins or so typically, so I'm pretty sure the thermostat behaves normally. I'll be adding a full load again this evening and will see what happens...

How the hell did a Sirocco make it’s way into this thread?

How the hell did a Sirocco make it’s way into this thread?
All my fault.

I asked about a wall temperature concern posted by the OP, then got asked a question about my measurement, then then then...

Sorry all! I thought the wall temperature topic was relevant to the OPs concerns about his/her situation but understand how it got confusing. I'll start a new thread if I want to continue with it.

**Walking away, head hanging down, tail between legs...***

Reactions: Ashful
All my fault.

I asked about a wall temperature concern posted by the OP, then got asked a question about my measurement, then then then...

Sorry all! I thought the wall temperature topic was relevant to the OPs concerns about his/her situation but understand how it got confusing. I'll start a new thread if I want to continue with it.

**Walking away, head hanging down, tail between legs...***

Nah, not really anyone’s fault. I was just reading about walls temps, and didn’t catch that we’d changed which stove was being discussed. The OP definitely has different concerns, though.

Hot walls and floors is subjective. Can you hold your hand on the wall when it's hot? If so, for how long?

Yes, probably for 2-3 seconds. This is the first time I've noticed it get that hot probably because this is the longest I've had it burning, about 8 hours. Is there a limit to how long you should keep a fire going in one of these? So as not to overheat it?
Recondite, did you ever get around to taking the temperature of your drywall when it felt “hot?” I.e. with an IR gun as suggested?

I’m curious about what yours was measuring, let us know if you do :)